Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vena Sera

So, here I am, months after the last blog post. I certainly do apologize for the infrequency. I won't cast blame on anything/anyone but myself. So, for all of you who consider yourselves my friends but haven't had the pleasure of truly catching up recently, I'll help you out. And I've included headers in case you'd like to skip a section.

As of January 23rd, 2008:

SCHOOL - I'm currently in my 2nd week of my 2nd semester of graduate school. It begins again. I'm currently taking the 3rd & 4th class out of 11 in the program. Another semester another group project. I'm not fond of oral presentations or public speaking in general, but it really doesn't bother me the way it bothers other people who would rather die than speak in public. I'm enjoying myself in school thus far and am doing pretty well. Just for all who are following along at home.

MY CURRENT STRESS LEVEL - Orange (only my wife has the color coded reference card to the newly implemented stress level threat quotient.)

HOME LIFE - Very well I think, save for the occasional tift but honestly, it's a fact of life if you choose to live the rest of your life with me. And a plus is she hasn't attempted to leave me tied up on train tracks yet. The chiren are excellent, growing and learning by the minute. They make simple things in life what really matter. I do recommend. By the way, I dug the new Veggie Tales movie.

GOD - I'm continuing to walk out my relationship, usually after pulling a face plant. We've recently been asked to attend a small group focused on our pastor's current series. After attending a meeting, I will say it's probably going to be a huge experience for me. I'm glad I have people who will kick me in the hind quarters if God leads them to.

FINANCES - None of your beezwax but we are thinking about refinancing the old chez moi.

WORK - Moving into a new building downtown on Poydras St. next month. I'm psyched. New digz is always fun. Also means I'll have to get up at 6:00 am to meet a buddy at the fitness center downtown. The exercise is way over due. Can't wait.

POP CULTURE - "Lost" comes back on next week. Can't tell you how excited I am about that. A buddy and I recently converted another friend to the show. It's genuinely nice to see a friend come to the light, ya know? Oh, and Indiana Jones 4 comes out in 119 days, 17 hours and 12 minutes...nice!

MUSIC - And here's the top 4 albums I've been digging recently, in no particular order. And as a BONUS, my favorite track from each album. Dig:

1. Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
"Is There a Ghost"

2. Project 86 - Rival Factions
"The Forces of Radio Have Dropped a Viper into the Rhythm Section"

3. Chevelle - Vena Sera
"Well Enough Alone"

4. He Is Legend - Suck Out the Poison
"Attack of the Dungeon Witch"

5. Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist
"Cherry Waves"

That's me lately...

\m/

2 Comments:

Blogger curia_regis said...

I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself for knowing one of the artists on your top 5, or whether I'm disappointed that I knew any...I'm not a music "hipster" and I can live with that.

Class 3&4 of 11...man you're almost there...being a grad school graduate is a wonderful feeling.

Thanks for the updates, I saw you yesterday, true, but you don't always get into everything when you see someone for a short period of time.

Hopefully I've convinced you that Obama is the candidate of change.

11:50 AM  
Blogger brian jeansonne said...

I had the privilege of turning more people onto LOST today. It truly is a delight to bring people to the light.

If only winning people to Jesus were as easy as winning people to Jack Shephard and John Locke...

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home