Friday, June 06, 2008

MBA Update and Other Life Notes

- This Monday evening around 6:00 PM. That's when I'll be attending the first class session for Finance 6300, Financial Administration. For all the kids out there keeping track, this is class 5 of 11 in my adventure towards the coveted MBA.

So, I used to think this graduate school thing was going to be a long road but I'm almost halfway through! Tough to believe that I'm on track to graduate in Fall of '09 which will be here before I know it. But this Finance class is supposed to be a tuffie, so I'll be plowing ahead taking names, cracking skulls and hopefully taking a good grade home with me. It's strange taking summer classes. Feels a bit un-natural, kind of like writing your name with your left hand if you're right handed.

- Not looking so good on the work front. We had some bad news about one of our facilities going under. Probably will need a new job after this MBA adventure. We'll see.

- We booked a villa in the Orlando area for a vacation in May '09, if you can believe that. A legit vacation. Too bad it's 10 months away. Anyway, it'll be 7 entire days. I mean, I can't tell you the last time I went on a 7 day vacation. 5 days is usually an excellent vacation but 7 days is just insane! And I can't wait. We actually booked it through a vacation rental website, 2nd time I've done that. The ONLY way to go in my opinion. Much cheaper, more comfortable, much more spacious, wi-fi and our own pool, how can you beat dat? The girls will be 4 and 3 and in my opinion, I can't wait to see their faces at Disney for the first time. Magical.

- God has shown me time and again that he's in control and he's providing. And I'm learning, slowly, that we'll be taken care of despite my control issues and worry. The message from Phil was huge for me this past weekend. Hit me square in the face.

- That is all

\m/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home