Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Top 3 Movies I've Recently Dug...and more

Needing a palette cleanser...here we go...

The last time I did one of these 'movies I've recently seen and enjoyed to a certain degree' I did a top 5, however, due to the current suckage in the movie production business and the current state of our economy, I've brought it down to 3 for the current installment. I may have a bonus for you after these 3...stick around.

1. The Happening - Pretty dark movie. The latest M. Night Shyamalan flick. Loved it, although most people will either completely hate it or love it as I do. But you gotta understand M. Night to enjoy this movie. He's got a lot of hidden meanings in his films and this one was no exception. I will say the acting left a tad to be desired, I wish he would have chosen a different actor for his lead.

2. Rescue Dawn - Excellent true story about a navy pilot just prior to Vietnam war shot down and interned in a Laotian torture camp and the story of his daring escape. Christian Bale stars and was EXCELLENT in. He's definitely become one of my favorite actors. Everything he's been in I've enjoyed. He does such a great job and gets you so emotionally connected to his character. Definitely check it out.

3. Michael Clayton - Normally, I am bored by George Clooney as an actor, but he does a nice job in his role of a lawyer who's job is to clean up messes related to his firm. Excellently written story with some great acting aside from a decent effort by Mr. Clooney.

BLOG BONUS!!!


My top 3 current movies that I've turned off and/or are filled with suckage and deserving of our ridicule and negative banter:

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth - Awful. Just awful. Brendon Fraser awful.

2. Iron Man - I saw this one because everybody freaked out about how good it was. Yet another high budget all sizzle and no steak CGI comic book retread. I'm all about plot and story lately and this had neither. The only salvageable trait of this one was Robert Downey, Jr. who is a pretty entertaining actor and thus made it tolerable. However, I can no longer be sold singularly on special effects, i.e. Transformers. Sorry guys. (No comments about the latest Indiana Jones please, I've already defended my stance on that picture)

3. Cloverfield - Awesome concept, horrible execution. The whole camera shaking homage to the Blair Witch Project did nothing except make me violently ill. I had to stop the movie because I was getting such a headache. Loved the concept though.

\m/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home