Monday, January 05, 2009

MBA Update

Alright boys and gir - wait it's just boys...sorry.

So here's where I'm at. Fall semester is in the books, as they say and as it were. No worries, I got phat A's for all of you who were pulling for me this semester. Which, of course, makes the lone B in grad school (statistics) want to pull the hairs out of my head repeatedly. What a dolt. Was that a demon? I digress.

I've now completed classes 6 and 7 out of 11 in the MBA curriculum. Which leaves 4 classes (lucky I got that since I got a freakin B in statistics) left. Which equals 2 semesters. I'm pretty dad gum close, my friends! There is light at the end of the tunnel. By the grace of God I have gotten this far without bloodshed. So, here's what the Spring semester will bring:

MANG 6476 - Operations Management
"A study of techniques used in the analysis, design, and control of organizational operations. Emphasis on total quality management of manufacturing and service sector operations. Forecasting, inventory control, layout and location, queuing, automation and JIT are discussed as well as cases and computer programs for operations management."

Should be a hoot. I've always wanted to find out what First In First Out REALLY meant!

MANG 6760 - Management of Electronic Commerce
"Background and understanding e-business and e-commerce technologies and models. Business solutions for managing customer relation, on-line communities, supply chain management, trust, and knowledge management. The course uses case studies, hands-on-research and project work, to provide an understanding of e-business technologies and their integration into existing business, focusing on managing information resources in an e-business framework."

I'm looking forward to this one. I hope my work experience will prove to be an advantage in this class. And if it doesn't I can always ask Cabiro, right?

Well, there you have it...you're now in the loop! My next and final semester should be a fun posting, we'll see. And I'm sure I'll post the usually expected stress level quotient blog posting in the middle of this semester when the workload grows to epidemic levels.

Until then...

\m/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home